Bought on eBay 2019, and restored early last year (2020) sometime, this little zx spectrum's life had been a hard one.It became even harder when I applied my inexperienced cag-handedness to the situation. Believe me, don't practice soldering on something this age.. it's just too delicate!
It was the first one I'd ever done, and was a huge learning curve. Since it was so long ago, and I have pretty much forgotten everything I had to do to figure out what was wrong with it, I'm recording the bill of work done to it here for posterity.
Model: ZX Spectrum 48k
Board: issue 3B
- Replaced the ULA with retroleum Nebula
- All lower memory socketed
- Broken traces fixed damaged when I removed the lower ram
- Two PCB through holes fixed damaged whilst removing the lower ram
- Traco 5v switching regulator (can't remember the amps)
- Composite mod added
- Replacement face plate
- Retouched logo